Here it is already week 8 in the NFL. The Detroit Lions have matched their win total from all of last season with a record of 4-3. Although 2 of the 3 losses this season are games they easily could have come away from victoriously. But this week they play the NFC East division leading Dallas Cowboys, who are 4-3 themselves. After this game, the Lions will head into the bye week, so this game is crucial in keeping the Lions playoff hopes alive.
So here are my five keys to the game. (Not including Dez Bryant Vs Calvin Johnson)
1. The Lions run game: The Cowboys are ranked 13th in rush defense and have some play makers than can stop Reggie Bush. The key for the Lions will be to establish a solid run attack though.
2. The Lions secondary: The secondary must have their best game of the year. Coming off last week’s performance, they need to bounce back. They will have a tough task against Romo and company but should be able to make a big play or two that could change the game.
3. The Cowboys run game: If the Cowboys can run early and often against this front seven of the Lions, it will be a long day for Lions fans.
4. Calvin: Have to establish him early as well. I think he will do just that and the offense shouldn’t have too much trouble scoring against this defense.
5. Fans: The game is at Ford Field and you know the crowd will be fired up. The Lions have to get off to a quick start so the fans still play a factor. Ford Field is always rocking on Sundays but this game is a big one. They must play a factor.
What do you think? Let us know here at detroitsportsbloggers.com, on Facebook, or @DSBloggers.