When all is said and done, Carmelo Anthony is playing for the New York Knicks.
Honestly, for me, it was just a matter of time for the Knicks to get the deal done.
The Knicks gave up a lot in the deal, including, starters Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and Raymond Felton. However, in return, the Knicks received Anthony, and star point guard Chauncey Billups, and three other role players in the deal.
Both teams have revamped their lineup with the deal. The Knicks will have four new starters with Amare Stoudemire being the lone starter that wasn’t traded. The Knicks are currently in 6th place in the eastern conference. The Nuggets will have at least two new starters and they are currently 7th place in the western conference.
I believe that the deal is fair to all parties involved, including Minnesota. They gave up Corey Brewer to the Knicks for Anthony Randolph, and the infamous contract of Eddy Curry. Curry’s contract expires at the end of the season.
The Knicks now have a superstar in Carmelo, who is close to home now and has played in Madison Square Garden many times, both has a college player and professional. They are one big piece away from being just like the Miami Heat.
As for the Nuggets they have a few re-building blocks for the future. I’m sorry for Denver but they might fall out of the playoff race this year. It will be worth it in the end because the organization did what they had to do; trade their superstar before they lost him just like a couple of other teams we know.
- Detroit Pistons offseason
- Tigers are close but not complete
- Tigers look to bounce back
- Michigan Wins Big Ten Regular Season
- Oakland vs Detroit Round Two
- Oh Pistons, what happened?
- Bye Bye Maurice
- Red Wings Get Land for New Arena
- Former Tiger talks up new team and DD tries to put out the fire
- Schwartz Hired by Bills
- DeCorion TempleDeCorion Temple (15) of Orchard Lake St. Mary's Prep goes up for a shot during the Eaglets win over De La Salle on March 6, 2021. (DAVID DALTON for MediaNews Group)
- Top-ranked St. Mary's grinds out win over De La Salle, 44-32WARREN – No. 1 in the state Orchard Lake St. Mary’s used a second-half surge to speed past No. 6 Warren De La Salle for a 44-32 victory Saturday in a Catholic League Central boys basketball showdown of undefeated teams.…By Scott M. Burnstein For MediaNews Group
- Michigan woman dies a month after 114th birthdayBATTLE CREEK, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan woman who was 114 years old has died.By The Associated Press
- Obit-114 Years OldMichelle Barlow, left, holds Ellen Goodwill on her 114th birthday Tuesday, Feb. 2, 2021 at Advantage Living Center in Battle Creek, Mich. Ellen Goodwill who was 114 years old has died, Tuesday, March 2, 2021. Ellen Goodwill was considered to…Alyssa Keown
- DeCorion Temple