When all is said and done, Carmelo Anthony is playing for the New York Knicks.
Honestly, for me, it was just a matter of time for the Knicks to get the deal done.
The Knicks gave up a lot in the deal, including, starters Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and Raymond Felton. However, in return, the Knicks received Anthony, and star point guard Chauncey Billups, and three other role players in the deal.
Both teams have revamped their lineup with the deal. The Knicks will have four new starters with Amare Stoudemire being the lone starter that wasn’t traded. The Knicks are currently in 6th place in the eastern conference. The Nuggets will have at least two new starters and they are currently 7th place in the western conference.
I believe that the deal is fair to all parties involved, including Minnesota. They gave up Corey Brewer to the Knicks for Anthony Randolph, and the infamous contract of Eddy Curry. Curry’s contract expires at the end of the season.
The Knicks now have a superstar in Carmelo, who is close to home now and has played in Madison Square Garden many times, both has a college player and professional. They are one big piece away from being just like the Miami Heat.
As for the Nuggets they have a few re-building blocks for the future. I’m sorry for Denver but they might fall out of the playoff race this year. It will be worth it in the end because the organization did what they had to do; trade their superstar before they lost him just like a couple of other teams we know.
- Detroit Pistons offseason
- Tigers are close but not complete
- Tigers look to bounce back
- Michigan Wins Big Ten Regular Season
- Oakland vs Detroit Round Two
- Oh Pistons, what happened?
- Bye Bye Maurice
- Red Wings Get Land for New Arena
- Former Tiger talks up new team and DD tries to put out the fire
- Schwartz Hired by Bills
- APTOPIX Virus Outbreak IsraelUltra-Orthodox Jews wearing face masks during a morning prayer in a synagogue separated by plastic partitions, follow new government measures to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, in Bnei Brak, Israel, Friday, Sept 18, 2020. Israel is set to…Oded Balilty
- APTOPIX Virus Outbreak IsraelUltra-Orthodox Jews pray in a synagogue separated by plastic shields, following new government measures to help stop the spread of the coronavirus, in Bnei Brak, Israel, Friday, Sept 18, 2020. Israel is set to go back into a three-week lockdown…Oded Balilty
- Virus Outbreak Europe UniversitiesStudents sit at a distance as a precaution against COVID-19, as they undergo an aptitude test to access the University of Medicine, in Rome Thursday, Sept. 3, 2020. (Cecilia Fabiano/LaPresse via AP)Cecilia Fabiano
- Wilfred forms, using last Atlantic storm name in record timeMIAMI>> Tropical Storm Wilfred has formed in the eastern Atlantic, using the last of the traditional names for tropical systems in a record setting Atlantic hurricane season.By The Associated Press
- APTOPIX Virus Outbreak Israel