When all is said and done, Carmelo Anthony is playing for the New York Knicks.
Honestly, for me, it was just a matter of time for the Knicks to get the deal done.
The Knicks gave up a lot in the deal, including, starters Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and Raymond Felton. However, in return, the Knicks received Anthony, and star point guard Chauncey Billups, and three other role players in the deal.
Both teams have revamped their lineup with the deal. The Knicks will have four new starters with Amare Stoudemire being the lone starter that wasn’t traded. The Knicks are currently in 6th place in the eastern conference. The Nuggets will have at least two new starters and they are currently 7th place in the western conference.
I believe that the deal is fair to all parties involved, including Minnesota. They gave up Corey Brewer to the Knicks for Anthony Randolph, and the infamous contract of Eddy Curry. Curry’s contract expires at the end of the season.
The Knicks now have a superstar in Carmelo, who is close to home now and has played in Madison Square Garden many times, both has a college player and professional. They are one big piece away from being just like the Miami Heat.
As for the Nuggets they have a few re-building blocks for the future. I’m sorry for Denver but they might fall out of the playoff race this year. It will be worth it in the end because the organization did what they had to do; trade their superstar before they lost him just like a couple of other teams we know.
- Detroit Pistons offseason
- Tigers are close but not complete
- Tigers look to bounce back
- Michigan Wins Big Ten Regular Season
- Oakland vs Detroit Round Two
- Oh Pistons, what happened?
- Bye Bye Maurice
- Red Wings Get Land for New Arena
- Former Tiger talks up new team and DD tries to put out the fire
- Schwartz Hired by Bills
- College football roundup: No. 13 Kansas State beats No. 3 TCU in OT for Big 12 titleARLINGTON, Texas — Ty Zentner kicked a 31-yard field goal in overtime and No. 13 Kansas State beat No. 3 TCU 31-28 in the Big 12 championship game Saturday, leaving the Horned Frogs to wait another day to find out if they had already done enough to get into the four-team College Football Playoff. The […]Associated press
- Golden Knights get past Red Wings, 4-1DETROIT — Jack Eichel scored just over a minute into the game and the Vegas Golden Knights never relinquished the lead as they beat the Detroit Red Wings 4-1 on Saturday night. Phil Kessel had a goal and an assist, while Jonathan Marchessault and Reilly Smith also scored for Vegas, which won for the second […]Associated press
- Photo gallery from Saturday’s OAA-LVC Challenge girls basketball games at TroyAfter four games at Milford HS Friday night, the venue for the OAA-LVC Challenge switched to Troy, where five games were held Saturday afternoon.Matthew Mowery
- Detroit Catholic Central vs. Riverview Gabriel Richard CHSL Bishop Tournament final photo galleryDetroit Catholic Central and Riverview Gabriel Richard clashed in the CHSL BishopAlex Muller
- College football roundup: No. 13 Kansas State beats No. 3 TCU in OT for Big 12 title