When all is said and done, Carmelo Anthony is playing for the New York Knicks.
Honestly, for me, it was just a matter of time for the Knicks to get the deal done.
The Knicks gave up a lot in the deal, including, starters Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, and Raymond Felton. However, in return, the Knicks received Anthony, and star point guard Chauncey Billups, and three other role players in the deal.
Both teams have revamped their lineup with the deal. The Knicks will have four new starters with Amare Stoudemire being the lone starter that wasn’t traded. The Knicks are currently in 6th place in the eastern conference. The Nuggets will have at least two new starters and they are currently 7th place in the western conference.
I believe that the deal is fair to all parties involved, including Minnesota. They gave up Corey Brewer to the Knicks for Anthony Randolph, and the infamous contract of Eddy Curry. Curry’s contract expires at the end of the season.
The Knicks now have a superstar in Carmelo, who is close to home now and has played in Madison Square Garden many times, both has a college player and professional. They are one big piece away from being just like the Miami Heat.
As for the Nuggets they have a few re-building blocks for the future. I’m sorry for Denver but they might fall out of the playoff race this year. It will be worth it in the end because the organization did what they had to do; trade their superstar before they lost him just like a couple of other teams we know.
- Detroit Pistons offseason
- Tigers are close but not complete
- Tigers look to bounce back
- Michigan Wins Big Ten Regular Season
- Oakland vs Detroit Round Two
- Oh Pistons, what happened?
- Bye Bye Maurice
- Red Wings Get Land for New Arena
- Former Tiger talks up new team and DD tries to put out the fire
- Schwartz Hired by Bills
- Penn St Michigan FootballMichigan head coach Jim Harbaugh watches from the sideline during the second half of an NCAA college football game against Penn State, Saturday, Nov. 28, 2020, in Ann Arbor, Mich. (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)Carlos Osorio
- Michigan holds virtual meetings after presumptive COVID-19 positivesMichigan coach Jim Harbaugh says team meetings that were scheduled to be done in person will be conducted virtually on Monday after an increased number of presumptive positive COVID-19 tests.The Associated Press
- Packers Vikings FootballESPN insider Louis Riddick on the field before an NFL football game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Green Bay Packers, Monday, Dec. 23, 2019, in Minneapolis. (AP Photo/Craig Lassig)Craig Lassig
- San Francisco 49ers 2020 Football HeadshotsThis is a photo of Adam Peters of the San Francisco 49ers NFL football team. This image reflects the San Francisco 49ers active roster as of Monday, Aug. 17, 2020. (AP Photo)FRE
- Penn St Michigan Football